- The current health care reform proposals, if enacted, would result in the biggest expansion of abortion since the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision imposed abortion on America in 1973.
- Washington D.C. bureaucrats and abortion industry lobbyists are trying to force YOU to pay for abortions through your tax dollars as part of their proposed trillion-dollar health care takeover -- even though recent polls show that 71% of Americans oppose taxpayer-funded abortion.
- This political power-grab is an effort to implement one of the cornerstones of the "Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA), and could lead to a massive taxpayer-subsidized abortion industry bailout – something that American families do not support and cannot afford in these tough economic times.
- Under the proposed health care takeover, virtually every American would be forced into a health plan that mandates abortion coverage; if the healthcare reform law does not clearly state that abortion is excluded, abortion automatically becomes a minimum required benefit.
It is imperative that our elected officials include language to explicitly exclude abortion from any health care reform proposal or bill. Our Representatives and Senators must keep abortion out of health care!
How you can make a difference:
2. E-mail and write letters to your representative and 2 senators at: www.StopTheAbortionMandate.com/email
3. Call the Washington office and the local office of your representative and 2 senators; instructions at: www.StopTheAbortionMandate.com/call
4. Spread the word! Distribute this flier to everyone you know and use Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail samples at: www.StopTheAbortionMandate.com/share
5. Write a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper using samples at: www.StopTheAbortionMandate.com/editor
The latest updates are at nrlactioncenter.com.