|Give a subscription to MCCL News|
New on DVD/Blu-Ray (within the last year):
- October Baby. Feature film released in theaters nationwide last spring; now available on DVD and Blu-Ray in some stores and online. Powerful story of a young woman who learns she was born after a failed abortion. (Reaction here and here.)
- The Gift of Life. Pro-life documentary hosted by Mike Huckabee.
- Planned Bullyhood: The Truth about the Planned Parenthood Funding Battle with Susan G. Komen for the Cure by Karen Handel. The author is a former Komen vice president who exposes Planned Parenhood's methods during the controversy that erupted early this year. Highly relevant to the pro-life cause and to the ongoing debate over the nation's largest abortion provider. (See reviews here and here.)
- Students for Life: Answering the Call, Making the Case, Saving Lives by John Ensor and Scott Klusendorf. A small (and inexpensive) book meant to equip and inspire young people to be effective pro-life leaders; some (but not all) of the book is explicitly Christian. Would probably make a good stocking stuffer.
- Debating Euthanasia by Emily Jackson and John Keown. Delves into the many arguments on both sides of this debate -- and the most recent statistics from places like Oregon and the Netherlands. Law professor Jackson argues in favor of euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide, while Georgetown ethicist Keown convincingly makes the pro-life case against them. (See a review here.)
- Unnatural Selection: Choosing Boys Over Girls, and the Consequences of a World Full of Men by Mara Hvistendahl. The author is not pro-life, but she provides a fascinating (and surprising) history and powerful critique of the practice of sex-selection abortion, which has resulted in 163 million "missing" women. Critically acclaimed and nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. (See one review here.)
- Embryo: A Defense of Human Life (second edition) by Robert P. George and Christopher Tollefsen. A comprehensive scientific and philosophical case against the destruction of human embryos for biomedical research, the best book on that topic.
- The Ethics of Abortion: Women's Rights, Human Life, and the Question of Justice by Christopher Kaczor. One of the most thorough and up-to-date philosophical defenses of unborn human life.